Saturday, June 4, 2011

Sara's Shawl (and some potatoes)

A Christmas present. 

Now dont be thinkin im all that organized that I have Christmas presents going already. Just this one, and I just started it this past week. And couple of purses Im working on for my nieces (which I need yalls help with because Im "style" challenged ) 

its the Carmen Shawlette, which I got from Patternfish



Im using Knit Picks Pallette on this and let me give a little yarn review/warning. This stuff is NOT GOOD for crocheting. I bought all this yarn for this little number and totally gave up on it, not because of the pattern (very easy), but because of the BLASTED YARN!! I decided that this yarn is only good to use for knitting. 

As it turns out, I was right. This one seems to be moving right along when I can get more than 4 stitches done before I have to get up again.........I'll keep y'all posted. 

On another note......................

Check my potatoes out!! 



I was out working in the garden this morning and..well, yanno how things sometimes kinda creep up on you? I stood up to stretch my back and caught sight of my potato patch. Ain't they purty?? Not like I haven't already been looking at it....I guess not in the morning like this.  I think its going pretty good. Had to show yall. 


Update: These potatoes have been harvested!! See this post.

TTFN


1 comment:

  1. My goodness, those are lovely. I envy you your potatoes, and of course your potato patch. My whole garden isn't quite big enough to contribute so much space to spuds. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete