Thursday, August 9, 2012

Chuck Roast and Sauerkraut

Now I know what your thinking.

EWWWW!!

But really, you should give this a shot. I not a fan of sauerkraut particularly but I absolutely LOVE this stuff! Just read through the recipe and then make your decision.

I usually start this in the morning somewhere between 8-9am and we eat supper at 6pm.

The how tos:

Gather a crock pot,
a good sized chuck (or whatever ya got) roast, just pull it out of the freezer, this works best with a frozen roast
1/2 cup of brown sugar
27oz of sauerkraut (When I don't have my own, I use "Franks")


Put your kraut at the bottom of your crock pot.



Then add your brown sugar. You can add more or less sugar, its up to yalls taste buds, but 1/2 cup is what I put in. 


Then put your frozen roast in. It would be my suggestion to leave it intact. Don't cut anything off, it adds to the flavor. You don't have to eat the fat, but you should leave it on during cooking.


Turn your crock pot on low, put the lid on and go on about your day. Come about an hour before suppertime, cut you up some potatoes and get them to boiling for mashed potatoes(skin on preferably) and some sort of veggie. And you have some goooooood eatin!


YUMMY!! 




TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment